Monday, February 24, 2014

America Indian Myths and Legends -- When Grizzlies walked up right

I found this folktale particularly interesting because it reminds me so much of my family. In the folktale, the father of the little girl who was lost than taken in by grizzle bears is very similar to my father. Not that my father is a chief spiritual being in control of the sky, but because of the way he acted when he found out his daughter created another race. My father would go insane if i married a non Russian-Jew. He would have probably done the exact same thing the chief of the sky spirits had done if he caught me with someone out side of my Jewish-Russian heritage. I also found this folktale very interesting because of its "history." Although it may not  be true that Grizzle bears ever walked in a up right position, it was very entertaining to read about what may have once been.

MI    

1 comment:

  1. Agreed ! It's funny how you made that connection meanwhile I was thinking the same thing. I try to think about why this is the case, it might be related to the fact that humans can be ethnocentric, they believe that their race is the one that is destined to be carried on from generation to generation and is superior to be mixed with any other. I love that each folktale can be looked at in different ways, it teaches us to be open minded and appreciate the difference concepts that cultures different than our own can provide.

    ReplyDelete