Monday, April 7, 2014

The Sandman

This was a very interesting read. Besides the story, The illustrator really caught my eye. The detail in the illustrations mad the story that much more life like to me. it was almost like I actually pictured my self there as the story went on. As years of the story changed and the characters aged, i felt as if i aged with them and witnessed everything going on. At first i thought i saw a good vs evil plot with the actions of Doctor Hathaway and Mr. Burgess, but as the story continues you realize the trickery with Mr. Burgess. I also liked the fact that the author included the lives of other minor characters to keep the reader interested in the story. But once again big props to Sam Kieth, Mike Dringenberg, and Malcolm Jones for their illustrations.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcel,
    I agree that the illustrations did catch my eye but they were actually very scary. The cover page looked demonic, and actually made me frightened to continue reading.

    ReplyDelete